Friday, October 19, 2007

Abandonment Issues

I was trying to be focused. Stay on one project. Work it through. Finish something. Really, I was committed. And look what we have:


It's a sleeve! A finished sleeve. This is design attempt #4, wherein I finally employed the oldest design rule ever: simplify. I actually like this sleeve. It's a good sleeve. I like it so much I thought I'd make another one. I was so excited that I was ready to push through to the finish on this puppy. Just 6 0r 7 more inches on the bottom, a placket and another sleeve to go. That first inspirational sleeve was finished Sunday.

Here's what the sweater looks like now:

Hmmm. Yep. It still needs 6 or 7 inches on the bottom, a placket and another sleeve. What happened to all that inspiration and commitment? I guess they ran off with the rest of the yarn. Actually, I'm still ready to wrap this one up. But the yarn does seem to have taken an unauthorized jaunt. I've torn apart everything. Every room in the house has been turned out - and it wasn't pretty. I even desperately searched the PODS Circles to see if somehow it went to visit all the yarn from the store. But no. It's gone. If it was trying to hurt me, it worked. I don't know what I could have done to lead to this. It knows I have abandonment issues!!! I'm bereft. I loved that darned yarn. I'm not sure how I'll ever get over this loss.

Ok, I'm over it. I ordered more yarn from Cestari today. This baby will just have to wait until next week.

Being creatively A.D.D. these days, it hasn't taken long for me to get obsessed with something else. I'll write about that soon.

1 comment:

Siercia said...

Oh, I *do* like how the plainer sleeve turned out. The decorative rib on the cuff sets it off nicely.

Hope your new yarn arrives soon!