Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Once I get batteries....

Shouldn't be so hard. Get batteries. But over a week later and I still haven't marked that item off my to do list.

This is partly because my personal organizer was in my bag that was stolen. My life has been very disrupted by all this theft stuff. One of us has now been the victim of some serious identify theft/bank fraud. $6,000 wrongfully withdrawn from her home equity account. This has ratcheted up the attention that we are getting from the police and the bank. All of us have now had to close all accounts, open new ones and deal with all the paper trail that it takes to make that a smooth transition. We've had to place a 'fraud alert' on our social security numbers. Believe it or not, all of these precautions make it nearly impossible for you to track any activity against your own accounts or your credit. So, we have to rely on daily calls from the bank about potential activity that we must clear. Its all very consuming.

Oh, and did I mention I have a young child?

Meanwhile, we're preparing for our 2nd Anniversary celebration and I'll be pleasantly surprised if we have a good turnout. All this theft stuff has made it difficult for me to organize, disseminate invitations and information, and prepare for the day.

Oh, and did you remember that we still have to service our lovely customers as they come into the shop?

I haven't been able to attend to any of the long term planning that needs to be done. Should be pushing for a meeting with our benefactress. Should be actively seeking a working partner. Should be writing updated business plan.

Oh, and did I tell you that I'm supposed to be writing a book?

Forget the three ring circus. This is easily a twelve ring circus. And I'm supposed to be in ten of them at a time. I can do that? Right?

Barely managing.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can do it, Allison. If nothing else, you can tell the person who runs this blog - Knitting in Massachusetts - about the upcoming celebration. Perhaps she'll have the time to add it to the blog and it may reach more people that way. -Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Alison, I came upon this and can hear your pain.

It was so healing to just come knit today after my last 6 weeks. Everyone was just so supportive.

So why don't I give you one complimentary session if you like. Look at my coaching page.

Take care,
Lavinia