Thursday, March 20, 2008

15 Rows to Go!

and a few buttons and weaving in of ends. But, really, almost done!

Believe me, there have been a lot of obstacles, both within the project and from without. So, it is especially sweet to see this baby heading into FO-land. Who ever knew I'd be so happy to get rid of a "U"?!

So, here she is. Esther doesn't really do her justice. Without arms you can't see how the bodice really fits.







Plus, she has this odd back end that is flat and wide. I mean flat as a counter top. I don't know any human being with this kind of anatomy. I really wouldn't mind, but what you don't get here is how flattering those lines down the back are. They highlight the feminine curve whilst also minimizing the sense of width. Also, this hasn't been blocked yet. I think the lines will be even more stunning after that.

So, 15 rows and some finishing. Once this piece is finished, I'm headed into some serious pattern writing time. I have at least a dozen patterns to publish. (Yes, I've managed to work on other things in the year that this has taken!) I'll show you one of the tomorrow....

5 comments:

Jeanette said...

Looks good! Are you going to share a photo on a person when the 15 rows are complete and the sweater blocked?

Anonymous said...

Wow Allison, I LOVE it! May have to wend my way over to Rozie to see it in person!

Una Spenser said...

Hey Jeanette! Absolutely. It looks so much better on a real human being. And I can't wait to see it blocked. I'm very excited about this one. It really has designed itself.

Una Spenser said...

Hi Hannah. Thank you. It would be great to see you. C'mon down...

Anonymous said...

Yay!

Almost there, and by the time I leave this comment your probably even CLOSER :)!!!

It looks beautiful, esp. the construction. It's a real treat to see the mixture of colorwork and texture in one sweater!

Plus I love the shaping on the back (even though Ester has some challenges) :)

-K